IT is essential to delivering today’s business. However, concerns are increasingly being raised about IT services, internal and outsourced, not aligning with the needs of businesses and customers. A recognized solution to this problem is to use an IT Service Management System (ITSMS) based on ISO/IEC 20000, the international standard for IT service management. Certification to this standard enables you to independently demonstrate to your customers that you meet best practice. ISO/IEC 20000 is based on and replaces BS 15000, the internationally recognized British Standard.
ISO/IEC 20000 is published in two parts
Part One is the specification for service management which covers the IT service management. It is this part which you can be audited against and it sets out minimum requirements that must be achieved in order to gain certification.
Part Two is the code of practice for service management, which describes the best practices for service management processes within the scope of the specification.
ISO/IEC 20000 Cerification is applicable to any organization, large or small, in any sector or part of the world which relies on IT services. The standard is particularly suitable for internal IT service providers, such as IT departments, and external IT service providers, such as IT outsourcing organizations.
The standard is already making a positive impact in some of the leading IT-dependent sectors, such as the business process outsourcing, telecommunications, finance and public sectors
ISO 20000 Certification – Benefits
- IT service providers become more responsive to services which are business led rather than technology driven
- Reduction in incidents and improved incident management
- Gives you the ability to select and manage external service providers more effectively
- More opportunities to improve the efficiency, reliability and consistency of IT services impacting costs and service
- Enhanced customer satisfaction that improves client retention
- The certification process can reduce the amount of supplier audits, thereby reducing costs
- ISO 20000 is fully compatible with the ITIL (IT Infrastructure Library) framework of best practice guidance for ITSM processes
ISO 20000:2018 The International Standard for Service Management Certificate in Qatar
ISO 20000: 2018 is the International IT Services Management (ITSM) Standard that enables IT organizations to ensure their processes are in line with the business objectives as well as the International Standards.
ISO 20000: 2018 Standard helps IT organizations (In-house, Off-shore, Out-Sourced) in benchmarking their managed services, service level measures, and assess their performance. It is of high relevance for the Information Technology related service companies in Doha, Qatar and globally.
What are the Benefits of ISO 20000: 2018 Standard?
With ISO 20000: 2018 International Standard for IT Services Management certification, along with the service benchmarking, organization could also showcase an ability to meet all their customer requirements and create a framework for an internal assessment.
Some of the Key Benefits for the IT Service Providers are:
- Ability to demonstrate reliability and high-quality service
- Global recognition and competitive differentiation
- Enhanced service assurance to clients
- Ability to monitor, measure and review service management processes.
- Ability to leverage best practices to optimize resources and processes.
Who is the ISO 20000: 2018 Standard best suited for?
The updated ISO 20000-1:2018 specifies requirements for an organization to establish, implement, maintain and continually improve a service management system (SMS).
This Standard is ideal for the following target groups and also it is not limited to any specific type of organization or industry vertical.
- Customer requiring services and seeking assurance on quality of those services
- Customer requiring a consistent approach to the service lifecycle by all of its service providers, including those in the supply chain
- Organizations demonstrating its capability in planning, design, transition, delivery and improvement of their services
- Organizations for monitoring, measuring and reviewing its Service Management System (SMS) and the services
- Organizations for improving the planning, design, transition, delivery and service through effective implementation and operation of an SMS
- Organization or other party performing conformity assessments against the requirements specified in ISO Certification
- Provider of training or advisory consulting in service management.
What is a Service Management System (SMS)?
A Service Management System (SMS) supports the management throughout the Service Lifecycle. From planning to delivery & process improvement, SMS offers better value for customers as well as those delivering the service.
SMS provides end-to-end visibility, facilitating continuous improvement in business processes and results in enhancing both effectiveness and efficiency of the business activities.
A hike in productivity, efficiency and improved customer service are few benefits a Service Management System offers. ISO in 2018 has updated two of its Standards in the ISO 20000 series for organizations to stay ahead with the latest trends and market scenarios.
Why should you get ISO 20000: 2018 Service Management Certification?
ISO 20000 series has mostly been used for IT Services, it is increasingly being applied to other services as well to improve business processes and decision making. The choice for Service Management Systems are plenty, however ISO 20000 series is the sole system available to measure compliance, support certification and to assure service management to the customers.
The ISO 20000 series is beneficial to any business entity that serves customers. Be it a whole organization or an individual department, it helps in not only improving the service satisfaction levels but ensuring that service management activities meet business goals and objectives.
The updated versions factors in the market trend variations, including service commoditization and the management of a number of suppliers by an internal or external service integrator. ISO 20000 series also incorporates new attributes like criteria for knowledge and service planning, as well as revised definitions and terminology.
For all your queries regarding IT Services Certification Standards feel free to reach out us. Our team of experts here in Doha, Qatar are well-versed with the certification requirements and the process implementation for the successful certification of your organization.